In this exciting western meeting, the Los Angeles Lakers visit the Denver Nuggets.
Will LeBron James acting tonight?
Given their recent performances, it would be fair to say the Lakers are under intense scrutiny. After a 0-3 start, the purple and gold have continued to play the same way, despite failing in every way.
As they sit at the bottom of the standings, LeBron James and his teammates rank 30th in offense and 3rd-point shooting.
James is listed as probable (left foot soreness) but is expected to play, according to Lakers Nation. The four-time champion is 37 years old and leads the team in points, rebounds, and assists. It’s only a matter of time before he surpasses Kareem Abdul-all-time Jabbar’s scoring record.
Davis may sit out due to left foot soreness, but he will almost certainly play. Westbrook is listed as questionable due to left hamstring soreness. The visiting team will face two-time reigning MVP Nikola Jokic and his crew in an uphill battle.
In terms of the Nuggets roster, Michael Porter Jr. is still questionable due to lumbar spine injury management. Nonetheless, the Nuggets remain the favorites.
Denver is currently the sixth seed in the Western Conference, and it is attempting to overtake the Utah Jazz for the fifth seed and an easier first-round playoff opponent.
The Lakers and Nuggets have met twice this season, with Denver winning both games, the most recent one taking place exactly one week ago.
Injury Report for Denver Nuggets
- Carmelo Anthony (non-COVID related illness): OUT
- Anthony Davis (right mid-foot sprain): OUT
- LeBron James (left ankle sprain): OUT
- Kendrick Nunn (right knee bone bruise): OUT
- Russell Westbrook (right shoulder soreness): OUT
Injury Report for Los Angeles Lakers
- Monte Morris (left elbow soreness): Questionable
- Will Barton (right knee soreness): Questionable
- Vlatko Cancar (right foot surgery): Questionable
- Zeke Nnaji (bilateral knee soreness): Questionable
- Nikola Jokic (right wrist soreness): Questionable
- Aaron Gordon (left hamstring management): Questionable
- Jamal Murray (left knee injury recovery): OUT
- Michael Porter Jr. (lumbar spine surgery): OUT